CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A replacement? Mais, non! well...could be.

Valentino's departure was a very significant,painful announcement for me and as I am sure, for millions of other fashionistas around the world. After that, I couldn't approve the fact that some random woman was going to replace him, i mean, he is irreplaceable. Even though, I admit I was preconceived when I went to check out the pre-fall 2008 collection, i was really impressed. The clothes do remind me of Valentino, but at the same time they have a twist, there's a mix of different characters.. and if you look at the dresses (oh, the details!!) you will realize what Im going on about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

The Pilgrim said...

I also was nicely surprised by the pre-collection. I think she's brave, it's a tough job she has there to convince the fashion world.

Wendy said...

Not bad, I can't quite explain the feeling those dresses give me. But I like them.

Unknown said...

I do love these pieces! I think I may have read an article about the woman who's designing now, she takes it very seriously and seemed really personable.

- said...

well, it´s sad that he´s leaving, but i think the house need a change. someth fresh... btw, the collection is beautiful: classy and simple but very elegant... very valentino, shall we say.

Mash said...

so much beautiful dresses !

Anonymous said...

I think there's a slightly repressed feel with this pre-collection that will herald a new direction for Valention... a certain 'less is more' direction....

Meg said...

I love the clothes in the neutral skintone but the blue dress with the crystal covered shoulders is my favourite. Stunning.

I'd be happy to trade links!

bronwyn said...

I like this collection, very elegant and tailored....and you've been tagged:)

Teresa said...

I'm surprised and a little glad that there no signature Valentino red gowns.